English Communication for Legal Practice - ECLP (Univ.)
Workshop Legal English Refresher
Nächstmöglicher Start: 12.10.2018
Dozent(en): Carla Monteiro-Reuter LLM.
Nur als Block
This Workshop will be structured around a number of case studies in English, each drawn from a different area of legal practice. The participants will have the opportunity to apply their skills, in each case, to finding practical solutions for a client’s legal issue. They will receive constructive feedback on their use of Legal English (in both oral and written form) and concrete recommendations on potential areas for improvement. The focus of Day 1 of the Workshop will largely be on developing the participants’ oral communication skills in context, while Day 2 will focus mainly on developing the participants’ written communication skills. There is no formal assessment at the end of this Workshop, but the participants will have the opportunity to submit (on a voluntary basis) a short piece of legal writing relating to one of the case studies, on which they will receive detailed feedback.
Day 1: Fr.12.10.2018, start: 10.30, end: 17.00
Day 2: Sa.13.10.2018, start: 10.00, end: 15.00
- Lawyers who have already attended the ZWW’s Legal English certificate course, English Communication for Legal Practice - (ECLP (Univ.), and who would like to refresh their Legal English skills.
- Lawyers who would like the opportunity to develop their communication skills in Legal English.
- Lawyers who are considering attending the ECLP (Univ.) certificate course in future and would like some insight into the nature of the course.
- Contract managers, claims managers and recent law graduates.
By the end of the Workshop, the participants will:
- be more familiar with the key Legal English vocabulary relevant to the areas of law covered by the case studies;
- be in a better position to understand complex legal information in English (in the form of legislation, case law and/or contract clauses) as it applies to the facts covered by the case studies;
- be able to speak more fluently and confidently about legal matters in English, for example in the context of a discussion with colleagues or a negotiation with opposing counsel;
- be aware of some of the key techniques they can use to improve their English legal writing significantly;
- and be more aware of the influence of intercultural factors on legal communication in English.
A good level of general English - level B2 or C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). For further details on the applicable CEFR levels, please visit this page.
- Face-to-face seminars and webinars on Legal Writing for all legal counsel, contract managers and claims managers (Europe-wide) at a DAX30 company with its headquarters in Munich.
- Legal English seminars, regular group training and individual coaching (face-to-face and virtual) for lawyers and in-house counsel in Germany and Italy.
- Seminars on Legal Writing and Presentation Skills for the University of Passau.
- Professional Legal English certificate course for the ZWW, English Communication for Legal Practice - ECLP (Univ.).
Gerne führen wir diesen Kurs in Ihrem Unternehmen durch.
Dafür passen wir die Inhalte an die individuellen Bedürfnisse Ihres Unternehmens an.