English Communication for Legal Practice - ECLP (Univ.)
Nächstmöglicher Start: 03.05.2019
Dozent(en): Carla Monteiro-Reuter, LLM.
Preis: 1950 €
In today’s globalised legal market, a thorough knowledge of Legal English is not an option, but a requirement. The number of legal transactions completed in English is constantly on the rise. Even when none of the parties are situated in English-speaking countries and the relevant governing law is German law, it is often the case that lawyers have to work with the English version of a contract and communicate with their clients, colleagues and opposing counsel in English.
This Certificate Course will:
Lawyers and in-house counsel who need to communicate with clients and colleagues in English in the course of their work and who would like to develop their Legal English and Business Communication Skills in English to the level required for international legal practice.
Module 1: Key concepts in Legal English (1 day)
A good level of general English - level B2 or C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) - and preferably at least one year of practical legal experience.
- 03.05.2019, 9:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- 04.05.2019, 9:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- 10.05.2019, 9:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- 11.05.2019, 9:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- 17.05.2019, 9:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- 18.05.2019, 9:00 Uhr - 18:00 Uhr
- Face-to-face seminars and webinars on Legal Writing for all legal counsel, contract managers and claims managers (Europe-wide) at a DAX30 company with its headquarters in Munich.
- Legal English seminars, regular group training and individual coaching (face-to-face and virtual) for lawyers and in-house counsel in Germany and Italy.
- Seminars on Legal Writing and Presentation Skills for the University of Passau.
- Professional Legal English certificate course for the ZWW, English Communication for Legal Practice - ECLP (Univ.).
Exam (1 day)
A combined exam (will be announced) comprising an oral and a written component, with the written component being a practical task or tasks requiring participants to apply the strategies for effective legal writing learnt during the course, and the oral component being a case study or simulation (or multiple case studies or simulations) drawn from legal practice, again requiring participants to apply the strategies for effective oral communication learnt during the course.
Certificate English Communication for Legal Practice – ECLP (Univ.) awarded by the University of Augsburg.
Gerne führen wir diesen Kurs in Ihrem Unternehmen durch.
Dafür passen wir die Inhalte an die individuellen Bedürfnisse Ihres Unternehmens an.